Hiu M. Chan
… is a dreamer, and carries multi identities since the age of 6.
In reality, she tries (very hard) to be a full time academic researcher. Her other identities include an amateur musician, model, writer, music promoter, and perhaps more. Her research interests are Chinese cinema, cross-cultural film studies, film theory, film history, and jazz in films.
- PhD candidate at Cardiff University, 10/2012 – present, Supervisor: Dr Paul Bowman
- China Marketing Assistant at Intellect
- Writer, film reviewer for UK Chinese Times
- Freelance Reviewer for Take One
- Co-director of Centre for Interdisciplinary Film &Visual Culture Research, Cardiff University
MA Film Studies, University College London, 2010 – 2011
BA Film Studies, Oxford Brookes University, 2007 – 2010
PhD Sponsorship 2012 – 2014, awarded by Intellect
Geoff Mungham Overseas Award 2012, for the School of Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies PhD Programme by Cardiff University
Best Dissertation in Film Studies 2010, by Oxford Brookes University
Member of NECS (European Network for Cinema and Media Studies) 2011 – Present